alker Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains how Alker Optical Equipment Ltd. uses and protects any information we collect about you when you use our website.
Alker Optical Equipment Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that all information about you will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alker Optical Equipment Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page for any changes.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when:
- you freely register on our website (no need to do so to place an order);
- you ask for a quote for our products or services by phone or email or our contact form on the website;
- you place an order for products or services in our website, by email or by phone;
- you phone our customer service;
- you are one of our suppliers;
- website usage information is collected using cookies.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address, phone number and/or mobile number;
- VAT number;
- your orders and saved baskets.
What we do with the information we gather?
We use/will use your personal data (this is called processing) only to:
1.Fulfil contractual obligations (orders, quotes and suppliers personal data):
- to process your order and manage your account;
- to provide you with a quote;
- to fulfill payments with suppliers.
2.Follow up marketing (for example after you have placed an order or a quote):
- to give you a bespoke solution, this may include new products or products that better fit your requests;
- we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail in relation to your order/quote/account;
- if you agree to, we may periodically send emails about new products and services which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided;
We would like to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address:karenchubbalkercouk (karenchubbalkercouk)
You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate: please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at karenchubbalkercouk
How to contact us
Our Contact details:
Alker Optical Equipment,
Ladycross Business Park,
Phone: 01342 870 941
Email: karenchubbalkercouk (karenchubbalkercouk)
VAT number: 828785279
Company number: 04953256