We specialise in the termination of optical fibres, connectors and devices across diverse sectors, medical, aerospace, sensor, telecommunications, defence and more.
34 years of experience and state-of-the-art production facility:
- In-house fibre optic termination facility;
- Reverse engineering in the case of obsolescence;
- Specialists in the connectivity of fibre optic products;
- Bespoke fibre optic solutions for harsh environments;
- Continued expansion of military fibre optic connectors that Alker can terminate;
- The manufacture of hybrid electrical and fibre optic assemblies.
Dedicated to quality production
Production is performed and overseen by a talented team with decades of experience. Every product that comes out of the Alker facilities is manufactured to ISO 9001:2015 and AS 9100D standards.
Our service in a nutshell
- wide range of fibres: singlemode, multimode, plastic optical (POF), polarisation maintenance (PM), multicore and military fibres to suit medical, space, aerospace, defence, research, transport standard and harsh environment applications;
- wide range of connectors: FC, SC, LC, E2000, SMA, ST, DIN, PHG, PKG, FGG, FDDI, RSC, W&T 81009, HFBR-4506Z, HFBR-4513Z, HFBR-4503Z, HFBR-4511Z, HFBR-4501Z;
- wide range of armouring and ruggedisation: 2mm, 3mm, simplex, duplex, 1.5mm micro armoured, 5mm standard armoured, 3mm jacketed armoured, 3mm jacketed armoured duplex, 9mm premium armoured;
- onsite processes: fully documented proprietary Standard Operating Procedures;
- performance:high optical standards IEC 61300-3-35 and IEC 61300-3-47;
- turnaround: tailored deliver for our clients;
- logistics: Kanban system;
- worldwide delivery;
- quality: ISO 9001:2015 and AS 9100D.
We look forward to hearing from you with our next challengecontact us
It is difficult to express my admiration for the level of ability that exists within your organisation to not only restore full optical functionality, but to also manufacture additional parts to actually improve the original design. Well done and thank you for a job perfectly executed.
JES ENGINEERINGread more
Our brief to Alker was to design & manufacture fibre optic assemblies in preparation for our ultrasonic sensor technology to be used in harsh and extreme environments. Despite the challenge and changing requirements, Alker was always very accommodating with the aim of providing consistently high-quality service in a short time frame.read more