High Pressure Feedthroughs – 0 to 3,000 bar g (0 to 43,511 psi)
Alker manufacture fibre optic feedthroughs (also called penetrators) to allow optical fibre to pass through the wall of a pressure/hermetically sealed vessel permitting the use of test and monitoring equipment, probes, laser delivery systems, optical sensors and more while maintaining the integrity of the vessel.
We manufacture our standard range feedthroughs to order in a range of designs covering CF (ConFlat flange), KF (Klein flange) and nut styles.
We can now offer a custom range of feedthroughs which can withstand a much higher maximum pressure than before, and this is due to a unique sealing process which has been developed for the Nuclear Industry and is incredibly effective and reliable.
These connectors are manufactured in high strength stainless steels and are able to withstand the stresses imposed by high pressure.
These feedthroughs can be designed to fit almost any requirement, with custom bulkhead fittings available to suit new or retro-fit applications.
- Sub Sea Equipment
- Military Equipment
- Oil & Gas Equipment
- Nuclear Facilities and Research
- Reaction Chambers
- Academic Research
- High-Pressure Spectroscopy
- Elimination of large optical windows in Pressure Vessels
- I off to 50 off fibres (depending on the area available)
- Pressure differential from 0 to 3,000 bar (Static or cyclic loading can be accommodated)
- Leak tight up to 1 x10-7 mbar l/s (helium test)
- Proof Pressure Tested and certified
- Pressure medium – A full range of gases and fluids (we can advise on other more specialist mediums)
- Bulkhead fitting can be customised to suit the requirements, i.e. Bolted Flange, Flange Nut etc.
- Temperature Range – Standard range -5o to 75oC (we can advise on other temperature requirements)
- Shock and Vibration – Please discuss any special requirements
- Finishes and labelling – Please discuss any special requirements
- Validation and Verification programme and documentation can be provided
- Material traceability to BS EN 10204
- Military specifications can be used if required
- Connectors: FC UPC, FC APC, SMA 905, SMA 906, ST UPC, E2000, 38999, Harting, Lemo, Senko, Radiall, Aptiv(formerly Delphi), Amphenol, Glenair
- Fibre mode: Singlemode, Multimode and specialist fibres
- Fibre size: 50µm – 125µm – Please ask if larger diameters are required
- Wavelength range: UV/VIS and VIS/NIR
- Channels: Single and multiple
- Insertion Losses < 0.5db
- Polarisation Maintenance Fibres including Panda, Bowtie and Custom