SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
|Job Title||Senior Business Development Manager|
|Contract Type||Full Time|
|Reporting to||Managing Director|
|Closing Date for Applications||18th May 2018|
Alker Fibre Optic Specialists are looking for a forward thinking Business Development Manager who will have the opportunity to grow and speed up our overall new business pipeline. We have a large Customer profile and industry spread with the potential to expand on them. We are a small independent fibre optic termination facility specialising in the manufacture of bespoke fibre optic harsh environment solutions across diverse sectors including medical, aerospace, sensor, telecommunications and defence industries.
To produce and implement a business development strategy in order to improve profitability and increase margins through our existing customer base whilst targeting new business in varying sectors.
• Responsible for generating and managing existing and new accounts in order to expand the Customers portfolio with Alker through face to face meetings, email communications and literature.
• Maintain regular contact with Customers and ensure they receive regular updates on new and existing products.
• Preparing quotations and following up all outstanding quotes, managing any questions the Customer may have.
• Arranging Spec sheets for Customers.
• Present Alker as a total fibre optic solution.
• Develop and maintain industry knowledge and presence.
• Engage in exhibitions and events which may exceed normal working hours.
• Identify prospect needs and turn them into new business.
• Planning campaigns in conjunction with marketing.
• Lead on writing bid documents to support tenders and funding opportunities.
• A level of travel to visit customers within the UK and abroad should be expected.
Person specification/Core Competencies
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in either a Senior or Management Business Development role.
• Strong background in Business Development, both digital and traditional.
• An existing knowledge of fibre optics is an advantage although not essential.
• Proven track record managing new business expectations.
• Understanding marketing performance data and the ability to interpret this into business development.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent organisation skills both in written and verbal.
• A clear understanding of the sales process.
• The ability to utilise internet research tools to gather information for and on your prospects.
• Ability to open and close deals over the phone.
• Fully competent with outlook, word, excel, with the ability to learn new technology quickly.
• A positive outlook in your approach to managing and achieving targets.
• Actively look for new business opportunities.
• Ability to converse with a broad spectrum of people with varying skill sets (i.e. technical, purchasing, CEO etc.) in order to generate new business.
You will report to the Managing Director and be supported by a very knowledgeable Business Development Assistant.
• Salary £50,000 to £60,000 per annum (OTE £90,000).
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Sickness Pay.
• Workplace Pension.
• Lunch and refreshments provided by the Company.
Please send your CV and covering letter to sharondeanalkercouk. If you require any further information regarding the position please call +44 (0) 1342 870050.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018.
TRAINEE FIBRE OPTIC TECHNICIAN
PERMANENT POSITION – FULL TIME
To manufacture fibre optic assemblies following our standard operating procedures or specified drawings, to the highest quality. To assist with stock levels, cleaning and other duties that arise within the production area. Full training will be provided.
Hours of Work
08.30 to 17.00 Monday to Friday with 30 minutes for lunch (40 hour week)
£16,000 and £20,000 per annum based on experience and ability. Salary increases once trained.
Role and Responsibilities
• Production of fibre optic leads following our standard operating procedures
• Production of fibre optic leads following a specified drawing
• Ensuring safe packaging of all customer products
• Keeping stock up to date using our Kanban system
• Pro-actively helping with solutions to improve production
• Liaising with the Office Manager regarding any outstanding jobs within production
• Attending a daily update meeting with Office Manager
• Ensuring production area is kept clean and hazard free
• Cleaning as per company cleaning Rota
• Write new standard operating procedures for sign off by MD where appropriate
|GCSE or above in Mathematics||yes|
|GCSE or above in English||yes|
|Ability to follow written instructions and drawings||yes|
|Have an excellent hand to eye co-ordination||yes|
|Ability to work as part of a team||yes|
|Ability to respond to instructions given as part of the manufacturing process||yes|
|Ability to communicate effectively with fellow production workers||yes|
|Ability to communicate effectively with Office and MD||yes|
Please send your CV’s with a covering letter to sharondeanalkercouk or if you require any further information regarding the position please call +44 (0) 1342 870050.