If you are planning to apply for one of Alker’s vacancies please take your time to check our Privacy Notice for job Applicants.
In this Privacy Notice you will find information about our compliance with GDPR.
By applying to the job you agree for us to process your personal data. This data will only be processed in relation to your job application and will be held and deleted as per our Privacy Notice for job Applicants.
TRAINEE FIBRE OPTIC TECHNICIAN
PERMANENT POSITION – FULL TIME
To manufacture fibre optic assemblies following our standard operating procedures or specified drawings, to the highest quality. To assist with stock levels, cleaning and other duties that arise within the production area. Full training will be provided.
Hours of Work
08.30 to 17.00 Monday to Friday with 30 minutes for lunch (40 hour week)
£16,000 and £20,000 per annum based on experience and ability. Salary increases once trained.
Role and Responsibilities
• Production of fibre optic leads following our standard operating procedures
• Production of fibre optic leads following a specified drawing
• Ensuring safe packaging of all customer products
• Keeping stock up to date using our Kanban system
• Pro-actively helping with solutions to improve production
• Liaising with the Office Manager regarding any outstanding jobs within production
• Attending a daily update meeting with Office Manager
• Ensuring production area is kept clean and hazard free
• Cleaning as per company cleaning Rota
• Write new standard operating procedures for sign off by MD where appropriate
|GCSE or above in Mathematics||yes|
|GCSE or above in English||yes|
|Ability to follow written instructions and drawings||yes|
|Have an excellent hand to eye co-ordination||yes|
|Ability to work as part of a team||yes|
|Ability to respond to instructions given as part of the manufacturing process||yes|
|Ability to communicate effectively with fellow production workers||yes|
|Ability to communicate effectively with Office and MD||yes|
Please send your CV’s with a covering letter to sharondeanalkercouk or if you require any further information regarding the position please call +44 (0) 1342 870050.