Inspection & Cleaning Kit
Alker inspection & cleaning
Alker has developed a range of inspection & cleaning kits to suit a wide variety of adaptors and connectors. All single and multimode standards, including large core fibres, multi-pin, male and female connectors can be inspected and cleaned.
Alker is also able to provide bespoke inspection and cleaning tips for your equipment and your assets.
The cleaning kit enables the inspection of termini end faces for debris or damage stopping the spread of contamination to other connectors.
Alker’s fibre optic inspection and cleaning kits use the latest technologies to deal with and reduce contamination. They incorporate a wet-to-dry cleaning system which concentrates cleaning fluid directly on the ferrule end-face. In a single process, this neutralises static build-up, softens contamination and aids the final cleaning process, leaving the ferrule end face residue-free.
The Alker Fibre Optic Inspection and Cleaning Kits are suitable for harsh environments and approved by BAE Systems for use within the EUROFIGHTER worldwide support and Maintenance Programme. They provide immediate savings in both time and money. The benefits extend to improve performance and reliability.
- Armoured™ cleaning tooling used for harsh environments;
- Quick and simple fibre optic cleaning operation: cleans within seconds;
- Suitable for laboratory, factory, outside plant, street work, as well as in the field/theatre;
- Up to 400 cleanings per kit;
- Leaves a residue-free ferrule end-face with regular use;
- Reduces static build-up within the adaptor;
- With the correct convertor TIPS™ cleaning is possible for all optics through our tailor-made service;
- Extends the life of in-service equipment and improves reliability and cost savings;
- Telcordia tested GR-2932;
- Training available locations: Worldwide.
- Designed for military multiway ferrule connectors;
- Designed to be used with both SM (singlemode) and MM (multimode) fibres including BC06760 (5.6/125um) and JN1008B-LA (200/280um);
- Designed to be used with both UPC and APC polished connectors;
- Ideal for cleaning polished plug ferrule end-faces of 1mm, 1.25mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm diameter;
- No need to remove termini/ferrule from connector thus saving time and minimising the risk of damage;
- Angled cleaning available for places difficult to reach;
- Tailored inspection and cleaning tips specific for your connectors and adaptors;
- Designed to clean fibre optic patchcords, pigtails and adaptors of all types;
- Suitable for harsh environments.
- Microscope to inspect termini end-faces for debris or damage: the microscope LCD display makes it safer to inspect the fibre;
- Visible Fault Locator (VFL);
- Connector extraction tool (optional);
- Inspection tips to fit your range of adaptors and connectors;
- Angled cleaning available;
- Cleaning tips to fit your range of adaptors and connectors;
- Fibre optic cleaner (from 1mm and 2.5mm);
- Wet-to-dry dispenser;
- Prewashed lint-free cloth;
- Lightweight, portable, compact, water/dust and crush-proof Pelican case (NATO no. 6760014912115).