Introducing alkerme™ the first fibre optic ferrule, pin & socket end face re-polishing tool for damaged military specification multi pin connectors.
There are vast amounts of fibre optic connectors in service around the world within high-value assemblies that have a long delivery time. In addition, these assemblies are attached to critical and valuable equipment: test equipment, in a fighter jet or submarine, or within another critical application.
The connectors that we have targeted alkerme™ to work with have two parts: male and female. Both are subjected to damage on the ferrule end faces restricting or preventing the signal from travelling through the fibre optic assembly.
We designed alkerme™ for re-polishing the end faces of both male and female ferrules/contacts within these types of connectors/bulkheads.
A once obstructed fibre can now return to transmission extending the in-service life of your assemblies or equipment and reducing both downtime costs and significant replacement costs.
alkerme™ can be adapted to fit almost any fibre optic connector.
- The probe is positioned inside the connector without the need to remove the ferrule
- Depth adjusted for each individual ferrule height
- Regulating pressure
- Various grades of polishing paper glide across the end face of the damaged ferrule
- Battery or Internal wind up mechanism (without ANY spark)
- Both Male and female ferrules can be re polished