GoOptics™ – Guaranteed Fibre Optics
We specialise in the termination of optical fibres, connectors and devices across diverse sectors, medical, aerospace, sensor, telecommunications, defence and more.
Introducing Alker GoOptics
What would you say to Guaranteed Fibre Optic performance & reliability within your harsh environment? Impossible right... not anymore.
Introducing GoOptics, a guaranteed fibre optic warranty programme designed to eliminate your mission-critical equipment’s downtime. GoOptics keeps your fibre optics going and therefore your asset, guaranteed.
What is GoOptics?
We have developed a service which guarantees Fibre Optics to continue working for the lifetime of the equipment they’re within.
When you are designing fibre optics within your equipment the price of the assembly is important. What is often missed, however, is the longer-term costs fibre optics can cause. If fibre optics stop your equipment from working due to damage, the knock-on effect can be far-reaching and much more costly than just the obvious financial side.
How Does It Work?
- An assembly is ordered from you and designed by us so repairs are possible.
- Duplicate internal vulnerable parts are also ordered and placed within the Alker stock system for later.
- Assemblies are delivered and placed in-service.
- A damage occurs and is sent back to Alker for repair/replacement and delivered back within 24 hours if required.
- Emergency assembly stock can also be held in-house at either your place of work for immediate replacement or within Alker stock. Using this stock service, you are in control to fix the problem yourself, immediately.
Guaranteed Fibre Optics
Our solution revolves around the core support offered for you to react immediately and rectify the problem on location and not having to wait for a solution. You are in control and empowered to fix the problem.
A warranty program for mission-critical fibre optic assemblies in 2 easy steps:
- You choose the level of protection (how many repairs per year and for how many years)
- We repair and return providing years of confidence.
And that’s it….
- Invest in an Alker assembly - if you ever have a fibre optic issue protected by the program you simply replace with emergency spare eliminating and downtime.
- Immediately fix by replacing damaged assembly from your or Alker stock - then send the damaged assembly to Alker for repair or replacement which once returned to you will be sealed tested and ready for service. Once repaired we return to replenish your stock ready for the next time.
- All within minutes of a failure - This whole service can be completed within a matter of 24 hours. This is made possible as no orders are required, authorisations, repair funding, order process time and signatures, all obsolete.
Wondering how much time and money this would save you and your company’s assets?
So are we, why don’t we have a chat about it?
We ensure quality, reliability, and safety for complex and sensitive fibre optic assemblies in spacecraft engineering and research.
Armoured assemblies, inspection and cleaning solutions are proven to add value to your military assets.
We deliver highly specialised and customised products and assemblies to fit the scope and rigorous requirements of the aerospace industry.
Alker operates at the forefront of research and innovation through its network of collaborations with universities and research centres around the world.
We help develop ideas into products and we manufacture components for complex biomedical projects: from sensing and laser to biotechnology.
Alker provides a range of products and solutions for the renewable energy sector, including micro armoured assemblies. These solutions are suitable for solar, wind and power plants.
Nuclear industries require trusted, reliable fibre optic solutions designed to perform in mission critical harsh environments.
Alker provides fibre optic components used in flow management, sensing, oil exploration and drilling equipment.
From reverse engineering of obsolete parts to complete redesign of new solutions for complex projects in the transport sector.
Innovation, integrity and excellence are the pillars and values of Alker
Richard Alan Kershaw
Our brief to Alker was to design & manufacture fibre optic assemblies in preparation for our ultrasonic sensor technology to be used in harsh and extreme environments. Despite the challenge and changing requirements, Alker was always very accommodating with the aim of providing consistently high-quality service in a short time frame.read more